Friday, July 12, 2013

Where Bloggers Create 2013

So my creative space is getting there. It's still not decorated, but I can create and function in this space so that is all that is really necessary. The rest is just frosting right?

We moved here last October after some remodeling work, so while everything is "finished" I have still been in rearranging mode until I get everything just right. Then I will finish my decoration. I just rearranged the furniture again a few weeks ago, so this deadline was perfect for me to get everything put back together and out of the spare bedroom.

I have a "paper station" where my father-in-law built a table and shelving into the closet to my specifications. I have had problems storing 12x12 paper in the past. It always overhung my shelving so it was always a source of contention for me. He also ran electricity into the closet so that I can use the Cricut right there where the paper is located. This is my "dry" station. No glues, paints, inks, water, etc are allowed in this area. I also store all of my photos and other electronics on the upper shelving.






Then we go to the Stamp/Fabric/Jewelry storage area. My father-in-law also built this storage unit to my design. He built the base and used some of my existing shelving for the top unit. In the canvas bins is my extensive stamp collection (I sold Stampin Up for several years). Plus my ribbon collection (3 of the bins). My sewing machine is located here as well as all of the related sewing supplies. I also have my jewelry making located here. All of my beads, chains, and tools are in this area. I still have yet to get my workbench in the garage and have my power tools for my jewelry set up (fall project after we are below 100* again).  I like to have different workstations for different types of work.





 
































Then lastly my "wet" area is two Ikea Expidit small bookcases with a glass top table. This is perfect for my inks, sprays, paints, glues, and anything else messy. It cleans up very nicely and has lots of storage. I also have this great metal cabinet that stores my supplies and ephemera, bling, embellishments, and all manners of fun stuff. I found this cabinet at a garage sale one day and it was an ugly mauve/brown color and full of junk from someones workshop. My friend, Blanca, and I loaded it up in her van and toted it home. Needless to say my husband was less than happy that I brought home more junk and another project to do. He make me store it outside and on several occasions he threatened to haul it to the dump. After all I had only spent $20 on it. But I prevailed and kept it away from him. I painted it with black chalkboard paint. After I moved it in and set it up, he admitted to me that was probably the best piece of storage for me and my needs! Ha!




 


Enjoy my space and don't forget to join the bloghop over at MyDesertCottage.com.




13 comments:

Carmen said...

Your studio looks so professional! I love all the storage pieces - very organized. Looks like I need to make a trip to Ikea... ;-) I like how your maximized storage in your closet, too. Thanks for giving me the tour!

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Looks pretty organized to me, and I like the card you made in the previous post.

StasaLynn said...

Wow! I cannot wait to see your space when you say it is really done! Your space is gorgeous and looks so professional! Thank you for sharing your space with us! Take care!

Unknown said...

Everything looks great, not to mention organized.
I notice your ipad has got a holder, lovely! I specially love the sterling silver.
I am just visiting this year, did not have enough time to get prepared this time around.
Thanks for sharing your space with us.
Michele

Kadee Willow said...

Are you fortunate to have such a wonderfully handy father-in-law! He did a great job of making your space just right for your needs! I just love everything you've done.. the opportunity to make areas of your room just for one specific craft is the best. And woohooo! You bought one of those darling carts from Ikea. I have to go on their website and see if they are still there. I adore them! Thanks for sharing your space!! Newest follower here!

Tea in the Library said...

Looks great to me! Love Ikea . Pretty, and functional,and professional - what more could a crafter ask for!

Mystical Gypsy said...

Wow, talk about organized! Beautiful, peaceful creative space you have here. Good job! Best wishes, connie

CATHY said...

What a lovely new space you have to create in. Enjoy! Cheers from singapore : )

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Beautiful and functional! I love it!

Donna said...

What a great space! You are so lucky to have someone build you custom storage units for your studio! I love the cute wire baskets you've used for storing things, you look so organized!

cindy-stitches-n-stuff.blogspot.com said...

Your cabnets and shelves and so beautiful and organized. Love your black find and that darling teal shelve thing. Love how you organize.

hugs
cindy@stitches

Karen Valentine said...

It's so much fun to see how others organize their space and see what they fill it with!! I think I may have to make a trip to IKEA and pick up one of those cute little carts!!
Thank for participating in WBC this year!!

Maureen said...

Okay, I LOVE the black cabinet that you rescued twice (once from hubby) ;)

So perfect! Great studio and great organization. Thanks for the tour!