Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT...

Do you know those people who every time they call the radio station they win, or if they enter a raffle their number is picked, or they enter a drawing on a blog and they are the "random number"? I know several. I envy them. I am so NOT one of those people.

EVER.

But guess what?

I actually won something!




I was just catching up on some of the blogs I read and I went to Cindy Wimmer's http://www.sweetbeadstudio.com/ to see what the outcome of her book giveaway was. To my SURPRISE it me! I don't' ever remember winning anything before. I'm especially excited because I almost purchased this book yesterday down in Tucson at the To Bead True Blue show.

Why didn't I you ask? Did I have a premonition?
Nope.
Did I remember that I had entered her giveaway?
Didn't even cross my mind.

I really didn't want to have a guilty conscious. I had already gone over my very generous budget (thank you honey) and I didn't really want to explain to my husband why I needed ANOTHER book, being as I probably have hundreds (not just on jewelry). What can I say, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE books. I've been obsessed since I could read.

Look what is coming my way soon:

Thank you again Cindy!

I will post my loot that I bought yesterday soon. All I can say is I met Barbara Lewis of Painting With Fire fame, and I am now the possessor of a torch and all the goodies to learn torch-fired enameling.

2 comments:

Everyday Gypsy said...

I too am part of the Bead Soup Blog Party and am slowly making my rounds to all of the blogs out there. I love your name, because that's exactly how I create things - in an organized chaos. Congrats on winning the book. Can't wait to see what you create with your terrific Bead Soup.

Dana said...

Oh what fun. That book looks wonderful. Can't wait to see what inspired things you make.

Bead Soup is getting close and you can not believe all the goodies I will have posted on Saturday....LOL. I got a little carried away.