Friday, October 29, 2010

Focusing on the Positive.




It's easy to say, but hard to practice some weeks. This week has been particularly challenging for me. My job can be incredibly stressful and I have mini-meltdowns (about 2-3 a year), but nothing that a few days off doing something I love and enjoy doesn't usually fix. So I'm not sure what I want to do this weekend, but I just received some new beads that I'm itching to play with, that is if I can part with them. I know it can't be just me that has a hoarding problem. I want to keep everything that I might not be able to replace, which is almost everything I get. I have to learn to let go and make things with the lovelies that I buy. I just bought some very cool carved jade beads and made earrings last night. Maybe I will make a necklace to go with them...

In the meantime, here are some pictures of a necklace and earrings that I did a few weeks ago. Again, pardon the pictures, since my camera is still not back yet!

Have a great weekend and let us all remember to try to focus on what is right in our lives, because it could be so much worse.

Puppy Update: Baxie, my 5 year old Boston Terrier, has been very sick with a bacterial infection in her lungs. She lost 7 lbs. of muscle (since she didn't have any fat on her to begin with), has a horrible cough, and didn't want to play or eat for several weeks. I'm happy to say that she is doing much better; three weeks, x-rays, 3 doctor visits, 5 different antibiotics, 2 breathing treatments, asthma medicine, and steroids later. Nothing that a couple of my paychecks couldn't fix.

1 comment:

My Life Under the Bus said...

Oh I hope she is doing well - we had out Boston for 15 years . Best dogs EVER!!!!