Monday, December 27, 2010

Metal Etching & November Challenge




Metal Etching-
My Aunt Ruth wants to know how I did my metal etching for some of the above jewelry pieces. I have Stephanie Lee's book, Semiprecious Salvage, and I used her instructions. This book is great for learning many metal techniques. But if you aren't sure that you want to spring the mola for the book (it's worth it though), then you can always go over to the Objects and Elements blog for a tutorial done by Jane Salley here: http://objectsandelements.typepad.com/objects_and_elements/2010/05/etching-in-ten-easy-steps.html.


November Challenge-
My mom, aunt and I are swapping beads each month, ala Lorelei's Michael's Challenge. In November my mom sent us all these beads and we were to each make something with them. Here is what we each came up with and how we each designed something unique with the same beads.
This is what we each started with:







Here is what my aunt Ruth created:

Here is what my Mom created:

And here is what I created:

No comments: